Thai Green Curry Recipe
Serving Portion: 2
Total Cooking Time: 30 Mins
5 tbsp Green Curry Paste
1 1/2 cup Coconut Milk (If prefer lighter taste, 50/50 blend with water or broth)
2 tbsp Thai Fish Sauce
1 tsp Palm Sugar (1/4 medium brick of Thai Flavour Palm Sugar)
1 pack of Rice Vermicelli Noodles
1 cup of water
1/2 cup Thai Eggplant, cut into large chunks
1/2 cup Brussel Sprouts, cut in half (optional)
1/4 cup Green Beans, cut 2 inches length wise (optional)
1/2 Avocado, cut into large cubes (optional)
1 Red Chili, thinly sliced (garnish)
1 handful of Thai Basil, leaves plucked
1 ½ cup chicken thigh or your choice of protein, sliced
2 tbsp oil
- Heat oil in a medium size pot over medium heat. Add the first 1/4 cup of coconut milk into the pot and stir to mix with the oil for 3 minutes.
- Add the Green Curry paste into the coconut milk-oil mixture, and mix together until the paste has completely dissolve.
- Add the chicken thigh or your choice of protein. Then add water and the rest of the coconut milk (1 1/4 cup) into the chicken mixture. Bring to a boil then allow the protein to simmer until it is fully cooked. For chicken, simmer around 5 minutes or more depending on the thickness of your sliced chicken.
- Add the Thai eggplant, brussel sprouts (optional), green beans (optional), or your favorite vegetables and simmer for another 10 minutes. Garnish with avocado (optional), red chilis, and fresh Thai basils.
- If enjoying with Rice Vermicelli, prepare the noodles per package instructions.
- Serve hot with a scoop of steamed Jasmine Rice, Brown Rice, or Rice Vermicelli Noodles.