Pad Thai (Thai Stir-Fried Noodles) Recipe
Serving Portion: 2
Total Cooking Time: 30 Mins
Recipe Updated: 01/11/2022
Dry Ingredients (Included in Pandan Market Pad Thai Kit)
7 oz Dried Rice Noodles
1/4 cup Concentrate Cooking Tamarind
1/4 cup Thai Fish Sauce
2 oz Palm Sugar (1 medium brick of Palm Sugar)
1/2 tsp Thai Chili Powder (exclude if you would like a mild flavor)
2 tbsp Preserved Sweet Radish
2 stems of green onion or 1/2 cup Chinese chives, chopped 2 inches long
1 cup of fresh bean sprouts
2 tbsp of sliced shallots
1 clove of garlic, minced
6 shrimps or 1/2 cup your choice of protein, sliced
2 tbsp oil
1 tbsp crushed peanuts (optional)
1. Bring a pot of water to a boil, submerge dried rice noodles in the boiling water for 6 minutes. Occasionally stir to detangle. Rinse in cold water, drain, and set aside.
2. While the rice noodles are boiling, make the Pad Thai base sauce. Use a small sauce pot, combine concentrate cooking tamarind, fish sauce, palm sugar, and Thai chili powder (optional). Mix the ingredients together in medium heat and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 7 minutes and occasionally stir.
3. In a large pan or a wok, heat 2 tbsp of oil on medium high heat until you can see a wisp of smoke. Add garlic and shrimp (or your choice of protein). Stir fry until protein is cooked. Transfer the cooked meat mixture to a separate plate.
4. Using the same pan or wok with the residual oil from stir-fried protein, add the shallots and stir fry for 30 seconds on medium-high heat. Add preserved sweet radish and stir fry for 30 seconds. Crack the egg and scramble with the shallots-preserved sweet radish mixture until cooked, about 1 minute. Push the scrambled egg to the edge of the pan or wok (or set aside on a plate).
5. Add the pre-cooked noodles and the Pad Thai sauce in your pan or wok. Mix the noodles and sauce together for 2 minutes or until noodles are covered in sauce and cooked thoroughly (you may need to drizzle in water if it looks too dry). Add the bean sprouts, green onions (or chives), and shrimp (or your choice of protein). Mix all the ingredients including the scrambled egg for another 1 minute.
5. Serve hot with optional garnish of a wedge of lime, fresh bean sprouts, Thai chili powder, and crushed peanuts.