With Fried Chicken being all the rages in the more recent year, we see many more style of fried chicken popping out into the market such as Nashville hot chicken, Korean sweet-spicy chicken, or the Buffalo chicken wings. While many may have heard of these famous hot chickens, few may have heard of the Thai Style Hot Fried Chicken.
That is right. There is such thing as Thai Hot Fried Chicken. A unique blend of spice and sauce commonly used in Thai cooking give this recipe a unique flavor that convey the essence of Thai cooking. Why not spice up your next fried chicken with this exotic yet decadent recipe!
Prep Time: 15 min
Marinade Time: 30 min
Cook Time: 20 min
Serving Size: 2
1 lb (2 pieces) chicken thigh deboned with skin on
4 tbsp Thai thin soy sauce
3 tbsp Thai oyster sauce
1 tsp grounded white pepper
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp grounded cilantro seeds
1 tbsp minced garlic
2 tbsp potato starch
2 tbsp all-purpose wheat flour
Oil for deep frying
Garnish: Chopped fried garlic, fried shallots, and cilantro (optional)
How to make it?
1. In a mixing bowl, combine the thin soy sauce, oyster sauce, grounded white pepper, cayenne pepper, ground cilantro seeds, and mince garlic together.
2. Rub the chicken thigh with the marinade prepared in step one. Let the chicken rest at room temperature for 30 minutes. (if you plan to cook this later, let it rest in the fridge)
3. Heat the oil to 340 degree Fahrenheit. (170 degree Celsius)
4. Combine the potato starch and flour together in a plate.
5. Thoroughly coat the marinated chicken in the flour mixture.
6. Fried for 7 minutes using probe thermometer to check if the chicken is cooked to a safe temperature of 165 degree Fahrenheit. (73 degree Celsius)
7. Garnish with the fried garlic, fried shallots, and fresh cilantro. Served with Thai sticky rice and Thai Sweet Chili Sauce.